Wednesday, January 13, 2010

School Food Resources

This week I have collected resources related to school canteens, school lunches and growing food at school. You could argue that it is none of our business getting involved in what students eat at school. I disagree. We know the statistics. Australians are fat and our children are going to pay for it, if not though their own illness, then indirectly through taxation to support an ever expanding health system that is needed for coping with obesity related disorders like diabetes. Teachers need to get involved. Probably like you, I ate too much during the festive season and it is showing. Shedding the extra kilos is not easy. I also have no idea how to grow my own food. Better to teach students good food habits as early as possible and I believe students learn best by doing. Just out of interest you may also like to look at have a look at this video . It gave me something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment